GLADD is the UK's only organisation that unites and represents LGBTQ+ doctors and dentists from all over the country.
We open our membership to any doctor, dentist, medical and dental student who supports the values and constitution that GLADD stands for.
We run events in London and through our regional networks around the country. Highlights include our AGM dinner, summer and New Year parties and socials with other LGBTQ+ professional groups.
GLADD has a respected national voice in LGBTQ+ health activism and education, working with leading figures such as the British Medical Association, General Medical Council, Royal Colleges and Parliament. We collaborate with universities and the NHS to further research into LGBTQ+ health issues and deliver training aimed at empowering those working in and studying healthcare to tackle discrimination in support of their LGBTQ+ colleagues and patients.
You can keep up to date with what GLADD is doing on Facebook and Twitter. If you would like to get involved with our current projects or have an idea of how we can support your work, please get in touch. Whether you would like to help deliver LGBTQ+ teaching locally, run a research project or have seen an opportunity for improving LGBTQ+ health & healthcare, we’d love to hear from you.
Students make up a significant proportion of our GLADD membership and there are opportunities all year round for you to get involved with our work and community.
- GLADD for Students What can GLADD offer you?
- Student Discounts & Subsidies Discounts and subsidies for our student members
- student Support & Mentoring Details of the support we can offer and our mentoring scheme
- Hold your own Events If you have your own ideas for events or activities then let us know!
- Contact your Student Reps How to find out about and contact your student reps
Our support pages include general information, resources and articles as well as specific LGBTQ+ Health, Bisexual, Trans and Religious support.
- support General Support General information, resources and support.
- support LGBTQ+ Health Information, resources and support relating to LGBTQ+ health.
- support Bisexual Information, resources and support for bisexual people.
- support Trans Information, resources and support for trans people.
- support Young People Information, resources and support for young people.
- Support Religion Information, resources and support relating to religion.
You can contact GLADD via the form below and one of our committee members will get back to you as soon as they can.
The committee are working professionals and full time students so please allow a minimum of 5 days for your query to be answered. All messages received remain strictly confidential.