GLADD are looking to recruit student representatives in each of the UK medical and dental schools. Becoming a GLADD student rep brings many benefits and couldn't be easier !!!
Becoming a Rep
All you have to do to become a rep is to complete our online application form which can be found here. We are ideally looking for one rep per medical/dental school (or campus if school is split over different locations) but we would be happy to have two per school.
What would you have to do?
- Promote GLADD and GLADD events within your school e.g. at freshers fairs, welcome weeks, relevant events at the school
- If you would like .... run a local GLADD event either a social or educational event (we would be happy to help you with this)
- Attend any regional events that are happening close to you and represent your school
- Attend the annual conference
- Supporting GLADD in its initiatives and objectives
- Discounted tickets for events and conferences (extra discount on annual conference ticket!!!)
- Travel to events paid for (up to set limit)
- Free student event on the afternoon of our Summer Party (Food, Travel and accomodation (if required) paid for)
- Great for your CV and future job applications - representative of a national organisation
- Opportunity to present at a national conference
- Opportunity to get involved in research in LGBT healthcare and education
- Opportunity to attend meetings on LGBT healthcare with our partner organisations e.g. NHS Employers, BMA, LGF etc.
What are you waiting for ........